Shadow Brawl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most EPIC Video Game HERO!

+3
Foxy
Snuffles
Elite
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Choose a Character

Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_lcap0%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_lcap20%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_lcap10%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_lcap0%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_lcap20%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_lcap30%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

Most EPIC Video Game HERO! Empty Most EPIC Video Game HERO!

Post  Elite Fri May 01 2009, 11:38

def zack...
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Most EPIC Video Game HERO! Empty Re: Most EPIC Video Game HERO!

Post  Snuffles Sat May 02 2009, 15:49

Elite wrote:def zack...
Tru dat!
Snuffles
Snuffles

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Sun May 03 2009, 22:40

What defines an Epic hero? Should we stray towards unlimited power? Or towards the stoic Genius? The fat plumber or chubby blue rodent? I suppose that's your opinion, personally, i think Cloud is more epic than Zack, seeing that Zack is over confident, cocky, and to some extent, just plain annoying. Granted he's pretty cool, but the only thing he has going for him in my eyes is that he's not a blond. Shadow is completely out of the question, and so is Mario. Link, to me at least, always seems like a little boy caught up in something way bigger than him, granted, he does take out an entire army of darkness every game, destroying Ganon or some black squid thing. Even though Sonic is my childhood hero, he's not very epic either. I guess in the true definition of the word, Kratos should be the most epic of heroes, but I like to stray from the normal, which leaves Magaman X, Zero, and Ryu. Despite the sheer awesomeness of ninjas, modern society has blown them completely out of proportion, leaving only Megaman and Zero left. I like Zero better, he has a lightsaber.
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Mon May 04 2009, 11:21

lol whats with u and paragraphs. ok ok u got ur opnions but cant u just say the others suck and u like zero the most lol. (def agree with u on kratos tho!) and zack isnt cocky, hes just energetic lol.
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  CombaticusGXRS Mon May 04 2009, 11:26

Why isnt Gordon Freeman on there?

Or Wex Major, Cid Highwind, Vincent Valentine, or the soldier from tf2.

Counter-Terrorists win
CombaticusGXRS
CombaticusGXRS
Turbo Ninja
Turbo Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Mon May 04 2009, 11:29

vincent cuz itd be too many ff chars, and then brad said no to gordon
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  CombaticusGXRS Mon May 04 2009, 11:30

brad is gay with ryeu
CombaticusGXRS
CombaticusGXRS
Turbo Ninja
Turbo Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 04 2009, 11:32

CombaticusGXRS wrote:brad is gay with ryeu

Mike can't read

Back to top Go down

Post  Snuffles Tue May 05 2009, 08:15

CombaticusGXRS wrote:Why isnt Gordon Freeman on there?

Counter-Terrorists win
Cid and Vincent aren't anywhere near heroes, I'm sorry to say. They play a rather neutral role in Final Fantasy. Even ignoring the fact that you can play through the whole of FFVII without seeing Vincent once, He doesn't appear to have any heroic tendencies whatsoever. And whether heroic tendencies make a hero or not is another debate altogether. Cid, on the other hand, beats his wife. Lol. And in all the Final Fantasy games, his role in the story never reaches beyond a supporting one.

And yes. C-T's for the win.
Snuffles
Snuffles

Back to top Go down

Post  CombaticusGXRS Tue May 05 2009, 11:17

Snuffles wrote:

Counter-Terrorists win
Cid and Vincent aren't anywhere near heroes, I'm sorry to say. They play a rather neutral role in Final Fantasy. Even ignoring the fact that you can play through the whole of FFVII without seeing Vincent once, He doesn't appear to have any heroic tendencies whatsoever. And whether heroic tendencies make a hero or not is another debate altogether. Cid, on the other hand, beats his wife. Lol. And in all the Final Fantasy games, his role in the story never reaches beyond a supporting one.

So you werent going anywhere with this?
CombaticusGXRS
CombaticusGXRS
Turbo Ninja
Turbo Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Tue May 05 2009, 11:20

Snuffles wrote:

Counter-Terrorists win

uhh vincent does has a major role, he stars in one of the ff7 games. his dirge of cereberus is the last of the ff7 storyline. so hes pretty major, and cid, hes pretty fuckin heroic, he beats his wife!
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  Snuffles Tue May 05 2009, 17:55

CombaticusGXRS wrote:
Snuffles wrote:

Counter-Terrorists win

I'm just trying to rationalize why they aren't on the list. Vincent's freaking amazing. Not even his very own half-baked spin-off could make him look less cool. So... No. I'm not going anywhere with this.
Snuffles
Snuffles

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Tue May 05 2009, 23:32

Snuffles wrote:
CombaticusGXRS wrote:
Snuffles wrote:

Counter-Terrorists win

I'm just trying to rationalize why they aren't on the list. Vincent's freaking amazing. Not even his very own half-baked spin-off could make him look less cool. So... No. I'm not going anywhere with this.
Once again, i have to agree with the Polac, despite Vincent's amazingness, he really isn't a hero, and even though Dirge of Cerberus had FFVII plastered on the cover, it's not all that great of a game. It's a Devil May Cry clone, minus all the good things about Devil May Cry. Speaking of which, why isn't Dante on there? Or Nero?

As for my paragraphs, I'm a writer, get used to it.

Cid does beat his wife... but you do play as him for all of five minutes, so i guess he's technically a hero, though it makes me cringe to say so.
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Wed May 06 2009, 11:35

Foxy wrote:
Snuffles wrote:
CombaticusGXRS wrote:
Snuffles wrote:

Counter-Terrorists win

Once again, i have to agree with the Polac, despite Vincent's amazingness, he really isn't a hero, and even though Dirge of Cerberus had FFVII plastered on the cover, it's not all that great of a game. It's a Devil May Cry clone, minus all the good things about Devil May Cry. Speaking of which, why isn't Dante on there? Or Nero?

Cid does beat his wife... but you do play as him for all of five minutes, so i guess he's technically a hero, though it makes me cringe to say so.
uhhhh what's wrong with you? you're saying vincent isnt a hero even having his own game but cid is a hero with having 5 minutes? no. thats wrong. vincent IS a hero despite it being a good game or not, it's still a game. and yeah it lacks the cool things of dmc4, but who cares since it replaces it with cooler ones of ff7 (this could go on forever since its a debate of opinion). and nero and dante arent on this because i dont care much for dmc. never struck me as something amazing.
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Wed May 06 2009, 23:12

Elite wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Snuffles wrote:
CombaticusGXRS wrote:
Snuffles wrote:

Counter-Terrorists win

uhhhh what's wrong with you? you're saying vincent isnt a hero even having his own game but cid is a hero with having 5 minutes? no. thats wrong. vincent IS a hero despite it being a good game or not, it's still a game. and yeah it lacks the cool things of dmc4, but who cares since it replaces it with cooler ones of ff7 (this could go on forever since its a debate of opinion). and nero and dante arent on this because i dont care much for dmc. never struck me as something amazing.
Well that is entirely your opinion I suppose, despite their epicness. I see where you're going with Vincent being a hero, but he isn't. Sure, he has his own game, but that does not make him a hero. Heroes have certain heroic qualities, ranging from really overconfident, to a more stoic bad ass hero. Even though Vincent is stoic, he's not much for fighting for the cause, I felt while playing that game that Vincent was just getting caught up up in the mix, he didn't act like he cared until it directly involved him. Like when Crimson took his proto-materia away, he cared, but when something else happened, he was all "What ev"
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Wed May 06 2009, 23:42

he was the hero in a game. u played as him, beat people as him, and did things. he a hero in a game so he's a hero. doesnt matter if hes an epic hero, hes just a plain normal hero.
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Fri May 08 2009, 19:17

Anything regarding Vincent Valentine is epic. 'Nuff said.

But he isn't a hero. I'm sure to some degree I could debate his possible villainyness...
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  NoX Fri May 08 2009, 19:19

Foxy wrote:Anything regarding Vincent Valentine is epic. 'Nuff said.

But he isn't a hero. I'm sure to some degree I could debate his possible villainyness...

I thought the same about Shadow .
NoX
NoX
Darker Soul

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Fri May 08 2009, 20:36

NoX wrote:

Don't even get me started on Shadow...

But that's different, he was introduced into the series on the same side as Robotnik Eggman. I think he is more of an Anti-Hero than a villain, which is cooler in my opinion. Lol.
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Red Sun May 10 2009, 19:14

Foxy wrote:
NoX wrote:

But that's different, he was introduced into the series on the same side as Robotnik Eggman. I think he is more of an Anti-Hero than a villain, which is cooler in my opinion. Lol.

Are you retarded? Those are the same thing.
Big Red
Big Red

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Sun May 10 2009, 20:20

Big Red wrote:
Foxy wrote:
NoX wrote:

No, their not. Similar, but not the same.

An Anti-Hero is like a unfriendly rival (ex Sonic and Shadow). Anti-Heroes aren't always fighting, but as long as they generally dislike each other, it works. A common plot device is to put the main character and his Anti-Hero on the same side to defeat a common enemy, it happens a lot on literature. A villain is like the Hero's arch-nemesis. A villain is never on the same side as the hero, unless his/her life is at stake, once again another fun little plot device. It like in Dynasty Warriors. You (the hero) is on the red team, while your main opponent is the blue team (anti-hero) and there is sometimes a third yellow team (villain). Does that make more sense?
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  Warfriend Sun May 10 2009, 23:29

Foxy wrote:
Big Red wrote:
Foxy wrote:
NoX wrote:

An Anti-Hero is like a unfriendly rival (ex Sonic and Shadow). Anti-Heroes aren't always fighting, but as long as they generally dislike each other, it works. A common plot device is to put the main character and his Anti-Hero on the same side to defeat a common enemy, it happens a lot on literature. A villain is like the Hero's arch-nemesis. A villain is never on the same side as the hero, unless his/her life is at stake, once again another fun little plot device. It like in Dynasty Warriors. You (the hero) is on the red team, while your main opponent is the blue team (anti-hero) and there is sometimes a third yellow team (villain). Does that make more sense?

like piccolo and goku cept it happened once and then it stuck so yeah
Warfriend
Warfriend

Back to top Go down

Post  Snuffles Sun May 10 2009, 23:34

Foxy wrote:
Big Red wrote:
Foxy wrote:
NoX wrote:

Sorry Foxy, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. A rival is a rival, but an anti-hero is a character with the qualities of a villain who becomes a hero. This however, is never for heroic reasons. For example, Riddick is an anti-hero, in that he protects the travelers in Pitch Black in order to escape along with them, and stops the necromorphs in Chronicles of Riddick first to avenge Imam, and later to save Jack. Other examples of anti-heroes include Kratos, Jack Sparrow, Vegeta, Rorshach, Raziel, etc.. All of these characters possess evil or, at the very least, chaotic qualities, yet inadverdently end up performing heroic deeds, whether it be for revenge, survival, or destiny. So as you can see, an anti-hero is not a villan or a rival, but a character who doesn't want to be a hero, yet becomes one in the end.
Snuffles
Snuffles

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Mon May 11 2009, 01:59

ok ur becoming too stupid for me to comprehend. i dont care how much u opnionate on this but he IS a hero. He's the hero of one game, and thats all it takes. he might not be a epic hero but nonetheless a hero. just stop your ranting about nothing youre just continuously ranting about your opinions while ignoring all facts.
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Tue May 12 2009, 20:58

Snuffles wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Big Red wrote:
Foxy wrote:
NoX wrote:

Sorry Foxy, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. A rival is a rival, but an anti-hero is a character with the qualities of a villain who becomes a hero. This however, is never for heroic reasons. For example, Riddick is an anti-hero, in that he protects the travelers in Pitch Black in order to escape along with them, and stops the necromorphs in Chronicles of Riddick first to avenge Imam, and later to save Jack. Other examples of anti-heroes include Kratos, Jack Sparrow, Vegeta, Rorshach, Raziel, etc.. All of these characters possess evil or, at the very least, chaotic qualities, yet inadverdently end up performing heroic deeds, whether it be for revenge, survival, or destiny. So as you can see, an anti-hero is not a villan or a rival, but a character who doesn't want to be a hero, yet becomes one in the end.
I'm not stupid!

And yes, Wiktor, you're right. An Anti-Hero is, by definition, a Hero who goes about his business with an "unorthodox" manner. That is the dictionary definition, and is to be quoted as such in let's say, English class. The definition of the Anti-Hero has changed, or so I at least think, as a lot of words do because of modern society.

In a way, you are right, but I also believe that I am as well.
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next