Shadow Brawl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite VG Console?

+4
HenryTouchdown
TicTacToeMan
NoX
Elite
8 posters

Go down

Favorite VG Console? Empty Favorite VG Console?

Post  Elite Sat Mar 21 2009, 23:48

list some reasons why you love ur console Embarassed

Playstation 3 ftw! fits my 1080p HDTV. wireless controller. motion sensing controllers. awesome games. great graphics. online store. playstation home (molestor central!). internet. free online play. free downloadable demos. listen to music. ITS AMAZING! Smile

Favorite VG Console? Ps3

THIS IS WHAT I CALL THE PLAYSTATION 3 RAPING THE XBOX 360!!!
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Favorite VG Console? Empty Re: Favorite VG Console?

Post  NoX Sun Mar 22 2009, 00:28

Favorite VG Console? Gamebo11
GAME...BOY.

Because It Didn't suck.

Last edited by NoX on Sun Mar 22 2009, 00:31; edited 1 time in total
NoX
NoX
Darker Soul

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Sun Mar 22 2009, 00:30

are you kidding me?
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  NoX Mon Mar 23 2009, 13:31

Elite wrote:are you kidding me?

Nope. That was the greatest one.

Along with NES and SNES
NoX
NoX
Darker Soul

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Mon Mar 23 2009, 14:28

ok nes and snes i wont disagree too badly with u. BUT GB IS ONLY GOOD FOR POKEMON! lol
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  TicTacToeMan Mon Mar 23 2009, 15:36

Sega Mega-Drive. Woo, go original Sonic the Hedgehog!
TicTacToeMan
TicTacToeMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Mon Mar 23 2009, 17:58

lmao tahts cool.sonic pwns.
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Favorite VG Console? Empty Snes

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23 2009, 22:13

The Snes was amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post  HenryTouchdown Fri Mar 27 2009, 23:51

I think the best consoles r the Wii and the DS cos they´re really revolutionary but the N64 will always be one of my favorites cos it had the best games ever.
Zelda: Ocarina of time, majora´s mask, starfox 64, super mario 64, mario kart 64, kirby 64, mischief makers, mario tennis, mario party (2 was my fav of the 3), banjo-kazooie and tooie, donkey kong 64, perfect dark and goldeneye 007 just to name a few of my favorite games.
HenryTouchdown
HenryTouchdown

Back to top Go down

Post  des89jul Mon Mar 30 2009, 22:53

i love the wii.
i have an NES, but i cant find it and i really want 2 play it
des89jul
des89jul

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Mon Mar 30 2009, 23:49

In today's society it is easy for one to become swept up in all of the excitement of 3-D graphics, new aged sound, and cutting edge online play. But a true gamer at heart has to look back on the past, and realize what the foundations of gaming really were. A smart person would acknowledge the Atari, and Pong as setting the first corner stone of gaming. But a genius knows where that smart kid is wrong. The genius would clearly state that the Sega Genesis was the other three corner stones. Sure, Nintendo had Mario and Kirby, but outside of it's hand held department, being Nintendo's sole savior in a world Outside the Mushroom kingdom, Nintendo was ready to bend over and take it up the bum for any "T" rated game. Sega grabbed a Power Thirst and kicked Nintendo over with it's Energy Legs. Aside from Sonic the Hedgehog and Double Dragon, Sega had Mortal Combat, an orchestra of racing games, and those faux 3-D beat 'em ups like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage that molded me into the wonderful little person I am today.

Anyone with a brain knows that the Sega Genesis is better than anything, period.
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  CombaticusGXRS Tue Mar 31 2009, 11:18

Foxy wrote:In today's society it is easy for one to become swept up in all of the excitement of 3-D graphics, new aged sound, and cutting edge online play. But a true gamer at heart has to look back on the past, and realize what the foundations of gaming really were. A smart person would acknowledge the Atari, and Pong as setting the first corner stone of gaming. But a genius knows where that smart kid is wrong. The genius would clearly state that the Sega Genesis was the other three corner stones. Sure, Nintendo had Mario and Kirby, but outside of it's hand held department, being Nintendo's sole savior in a world Outside the Mushroom kingdom, Nintendo was ready to bend over and take it up the bum for any "T" rated game. Sega grabbed a Power Thirst and kicked Nintendo over with it's Energy Legs. Aside from Sonic the Hedgehog and Double Dragon, Sega had Mortal Combat, an orchestra of racing games, and those faux 3-D beat 'em ups like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage that molded me into the wonderful little person I am today.

Anyone with a brain knows that the Sega Genesis is better than anything, period.

Im going to have to go ahead and totally agree with this statement
CombaticusGXRS
CombaticusGXRS
Turbo Ninja
Turbo Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Tue Mar 31 2009, 20:46

CombaticusGXRS wrote:
Foxy wrote:In today's society it is easy for one to become swept up in all of the excitement of 3-D graphics, new aged sound, and cutting edge online play. But a true gamer at heart has to look back on the past, and realize what the foundations of gaming really were. A smart person would acknowledge the Atari, and Pong as setting the first corner stone of gaming. But a genius knows where that smart kid is wrong. The genius would clearly state that the Sega Genesis was the other three corner stones. Sure, Nintendo had Mario and Kirby, but outside of it's hand held department, being Nintendo's sole savior in a world Outside the Mushroom kingdom, Nintendo was ready to bend over and take it up the bum for any "T" rated game. Sega grabbed a Power Thirst and kicked Nintendo over with it's Energy Legs. Aside from Sonic the Hedgehog and Double Dragon, Sega had Mortal Combat, an orchestra of racing games, and those faux 3-D beat 'em ups like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage that molded me into the wonderful little person I am today.

See? This Kid knows what it's all about.
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01 2009, 11:19

i think you copypasta this shit. Ben Franklin seen this and said,"Repost...".

Back to top Go down

Post  CombaticusGXRS Wed Apr 01 2009, 11:20

Foxy wrote:
CombaticusGXRS wrote:

See? This Kid knows what it's all about.

No, your the kid.
CombaticusGXRS
CombaticusGXRS
Turbo Ninja
Turbo Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Wed Apr 01 2009, 11:29

ok so uh thats why sega ceased creating systems. also, nintendo had mortal combat. nintendo also had many classics like kirby, mario, megaman, the legend of zelda, donkey kong, and a couple good racing games like f-zero and mario kart. they also have samus. the foundations of gaming were made and lead to the games we have today. we took what was amazing before and made it BETTER. its not like we went backwards. and if a smart person "acknowledged" those games, that doesnt mean that they have to think they're the best. sega genesis was a good console but it can and will never match up to nintendo (even tho i love playstation the most Smile)
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01 2009, 11:31

I like my 360.

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Sun Apr 12 2009, 22:06

Elite wrote:

ok so uh thats why sega ceased creating systems. also, nintendo had mortal combat. nintendo also had many classics like kirby, mario, megaman, the legend of zelda, donkey kong, and a couple good racing games like f-zero and mario kart. they also have samus. the foundations of gaming were made and lead to the games we have today. we took what was amazing before and made it BETTER. its not like we went backwards. and if a smart person "acknowledged" those games, that doesnt mean that they have to think they're the best. sega genesis was a good console but it can and will never match up to nintendo (even tho i love playstation the most Smile)

True, Nintendo is still running strong, and Sega is actually working for them (to some extent) but i feel very strong towards what Sega did do. Granted, Nintendo did do a lot, but as you mentioned earlier, game developers today take what was old and made it better, along with innovating new games and ideas. Nintendo does do that, and does it very well, they made the transition to 3-D better than most companies did, and Nintendo is truly gifted with talented minds and geeky nerd guys. Actually, Nintendo did pretty well compared to most long-running game companies. But i feel that the groundwork that Sega did really shaped gaming into what it is today. Outside of Role-Playing Games and strategy games, Sega made a huge impact on games played today, particularly action, fighting, and 3-D plat-formers. Whether you liked any Street Fighter or not, the engine is used a lot in Indie fighting games. And in all honesty, Mortal Kombat (which was also available for the Sega Genesis) is only fun because of the cool fireballs and extensive amounts of blood, at least in my opinion. It isn't very complex, and I don't think a lot of thought went into it. Fighting games like Virtua Fighter were a lot better, with extensive combos, when you play a game like Virtua Fighter, you can't act on intuition alone, but you need to think when you fight. True adventure games were inspired by the lesser known titles like Land Stalker, that used one of the first 3-D game engines, the Diamond Dust engine (also used in Sonic 3-D Blast) to really shape RPGs that are popular today. Pick up a copy of Golden Sun, and you can see the similarities are imminent, or any 3-D game for the Game Boy Advanced, they used the Diamond Dust engine for those games too (like The Tony Hawk games for the GBA, or the Jet Set Radio game for the GBA). Other influences still seen today are in the Castlevania games, which were for the Sega Genesis. The 3-D ones played on the Playstation 2 and Xbox are garbage, but the Castlevania games for the DS, the GOOD ones still played today play exactly like the ones from Sega Genesis. I'm not bashing Nintendo, even if it sounded like i did, all i'm saying is Sega's influence was bigger that Nintendo's, part of which i feel is because Nintendo is still around, and a lot of the influence they left off is in their own game, like an inbred cesspool of icky grossness.
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13 2009, 11:16

Sega blows. Activisions where its at.

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Mon Apr 13 2009, 11:27

Foxy wrote:
Elite wrote:

True, Nintendo is still running strong, and Sega is actually working for them (to some extent) but i feel very strong towards what Sega did do. Granted, Nintendo did do a lot, but as you mentioned earlier, game developers today take what was old and made it better, along with innovating new games and ideas. Nintendo does do that, and does it very well, they made the transition to 3-D better than most companies did, and Nintendo is truly gifted with talented minds and geeky nerd guys. Actually, Nintendo did pretty well compared to most long-running game companies. But i feel that the groundwork that Sega did really shaped gaming into what it is today. Outside of Role-Playing Games and strategy games, Sega made a huge impact on games played today, particularly action, fighting, and 3-D plat-formers. Whether you liked any Street Fighter or not, the engine is used a lot in Indie fighting games. And in all honesty, Mortal Kombat (which was also available for the Sega Genesis) is only fun because of the cool fireballs and extensive amounts of blood, at least in my opinion. It isn't very complex, and I don't think a lot of thought went into it. Fighting games like Virtua Fighter were a lot better, with extensive combos, when you play a game like Virtua Fighter, you can't act on intuition alone, but you need to think when you fight. True adventure games were inspired by the lesser known titles like Land Stalker, that used one of the first 3-D game engines, the Diamond Dust engine (also used in Sonic 3-D Blast) to really shape RPGs that are popular today. Pick up a copy of Golden Sun, and you can see the similarities are imminent, or any 3-D game for the Game Boy Advanced, they used the Diamond Dust engine for those games too (like The Tony Hawk games for the GBA, or the Jet Set Radio game for the GBA). Other influences still seen today are in the Castlevania games, which were for the Sega Genesis. The 3-D ones played on the Playstation 2 and Xbox are garbage, but the Castlevania games for the DS, the GOOD ones still played today play exactly like the ones from Sega Genesis. I'm not bashing Nintendo, even if it sounded like i did, all i'm saying is Sega's influence was bigger that Nintendo's, part of which i feel is because Nintendo is still around, and a lot of the influence they left off is in their own game, like an inbred cesspool of icky grossness.

ill give sega at most one of the biggest video game impacts BUT still no where near nintendo. nintendo pretty much started the gaming generation even if it didnt come 100% first. when nintendo came out everyone thought it was amazing and it revolutionized the gaming industry. then sega comes with the genesis, has a good run til dreamcast then failed. nintendo continue to carry on just because its simply better. i understand that you're a sega fanboy but u cant say things that simply arent true.
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13 2009, 11:31

Nintendo messed up one thing...Virtual Boy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Mon Apr 13 2009, 23:16

Elite wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Elite wrote:

ill give sega at most one of the biggest video game impacts BUT still no where near nintendo. nintendo pretty much started the gaming generation even if it didnt come 100% first. when nintendo came out everyone thought it was amazing and it revolutionized the gaming industry. then sega comes with the genesis, has a good run til dreamcast then failed. nintendo continue to carry on just because its simply better. i understand that you're a sega fanboy but u cant say things that simply arent true.
Battosai is right, Nintendo epically failed at VirtuaBoy. Regardless of my fanboyness, I still think Sega had a bigger impact that Nintendo did. True, they're still around, but I don't feel that they expanded too much outside of their own parameters. Sega didn't have the run Nintendo had (and is still having) and in all honesty, I truly enjoy a lot of Nintendo games. Regardless of Nintendo's success, Sega made a bigger impact than any system to date (though i do have high hops for Xbox revolutionizing online game play, but so far there hasn't been any major breakthroughs in that field, at least in the innovation department). It's just my opinion.
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  Snuffles Tue Apr 14 2009, 07:57

Everybody in Poland had an N-Gage when I visited there(ridiculous!).
Snuffles
Snuffles

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 14 2009, 11:32

One, its because its in Poland. Two, Nintendo was an extremely important factor for Sega to even CREATE a system of their own. Which was extremely terrible btw. AND Nintendo created the first handheld system.

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Tue Apr 14 2009, 11:54

Foxy wrote:
Elite wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Elite wrote:

Battosai is right, Nintendo epically failed at VirtuaBoy. Regardless of my fanboyness, I still think Sega had a bigger impact that Nintendo did. True, they're still around, but I don't feel that they expanded too much outside of their own parameters. Sega didn't have the run Nintendo had (and is still having) and in all honesty, I truly enjoy a lot of Nintendo games. Regardless of Nintendo's success, Sega made a bigger impact than any system to date (though i do have high hops for Xbox revolutionizing online game play, but so far there hasn't been any major breakthroughs in that field, at least in the innovation department). It's just my opinion.

not regardless of your fanboyness. if it truly was regardless youd know that nintendo had definitly made a bigger impact. sega did have good games but didnt revolutionize anything. and lets not bring systems that failed into this, must i remind u of segas handheld? sega didnt make a bigger impact than any system to date. if anything it was the NES. and as for expanding, nintendo added motion sensing, and online play to their games. hows that for not expanding?
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down