Shadow Brawl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most EPIC Video Game HERO!

+3
Foxy
Snuffles
Elite
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Choose a Character

Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap30%Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

Most EPIC Video Game HERO! - Page 2 Empty Re: Most EPIC Video Game HERO!

Post  Snuffles Tue May 12 2009, 23:45

Foxy wrote:
Snuffles wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Big Red wrote:
Foxy wrote:
NoX wrote:
Foxy wrote:Anything regarding Vincent Valentine is epic. 'Nuff said.

But he isn't a hero. I'm sure to some degree I could debate his possible villainyness...

I thought the same about Shadow .
Don't even get me started on Shadow...

But that's different, he was introduced into the series on the same side as Robotnik Eggman. I think he is more of an Anti-Hero than a villain, which is cooler in my opinion. Lol.

Are you retarded? Those are the same thing.
No, their not. Similar, but not the same.

An Anti-Hero is like a unfriendly rival (ex Sonic and Shadow). Anti-Heroes aren't always fighting, but as long as they generally dislike each other, it works. A common plot device is to put the main character and his Anti-Hero on the same side to defeat a common enemy, it happens a lot on literature. A villain is like the Hero's arch-nemesis. A villain is never on the same side as the hero, unless his/her life is at stake, once again another fun little plot device. It like in Dynasty Warriors. You (the hero) is on the red team, while your main opponent is the blue team (anti-hero) and there is sometimes a third yellow team (villain). Does that make more sense?
Sorry Foxy, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. A rival is a rival, but an anti-hero is a character with the qualities of a villain who becomes a hero. This however, is never for heroic reasons. For example, Riddick is an anti-hero, in that he protects the travelers in Pitch Black in order to escape along with them, and stops the necromorphs in Chronicles of Riddick first to avenge Imam, and later to save Jack. Other examples of anti-heroes include Kratos, Jack Sparrow, Vegeta, Rorshach, Raziel, etc.. All of these characters possess evil or, at the very least, chaotic qualities, yet inadverdently end up performing heroic deeds, whether it be for revenge, survival, or destiny. So as you can see, an anti-hero is not a villan or a rival, but a character who doesn't want to be a hero, yet becomes one in the end.
I'm not stupid!

And yes, Wiktor, you're right. An Anti-Hero is, by definition, a Hero who goes about his business with an "unorthodox" manner. That is the dictionary definition, and is to be quoted as such in let's say, English class. The definition of the Anti-Hero has changed, or so I at least think, as a lot of words do because of modern society.

In a way, you are right, but I also believe that I am as well.
Well, I for one think you're wrong. There's a reason that anti-hero and rival are seperate words. They have seperate meanings. If taken literally, anti-hero means "not hero." This can be taken to mean that they display no heroic qualities, or that they are either perfect or made up entirely of character flaws. As a result they either avoid or incite conflict, and never face it directly in the sense that a hero does. Therefore, an anti-hero is not a hero, villain, or a rival. In a way, he is a character made up of components of all three. So in a sense you're right, but the way in which the components of an anti-hero's persona act together suggest that they are also none of the three. But perhaps this conversation has gone too off topic. If you wish to debate more, feel free to create a thread on the definition of an anti-hero.
Snuffles
Snuffles

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Thu May 14 2009, 23:11

I don't think I will, but thanks anyway, it's always fun to take to you Wiktor.

But anyway, back on the discussion of Vincent being a hero... because he isn't. Just because he's the main character, doesn't make him a hero, I mean, look at all the games where you can play as, or the maim character is a villian.
Foxy
Foxy

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite Fri May 15 2009, 11:16

listen idiot, when the legend of zelda came out, Link was a hero. the end. Vincent helped stop sephiroth (if u got him), helped destroy that evil bad bahamut thing in advent children, and had his own game. he's a hero.Now stop arguing about things u cant win.
Elite
Elite
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2